Price of a stairlift
How much does a stairlift cost?
The price depends on the stairlift that meets your needs. Each stairlift is different, because each home is different. No two staircases are the same, nor are the people who want to use them. We make a stairlift that is perfectly matched to your needs and your house.
The price of your stairlift depends on:
The biggest determining factor in pricing a stairlift is whether you have straight or curved stairs. For straight staircases, we use a standardized rail, cut to the appropriate length. Stairs that make a turn require a custom designed curved rail to ensure the best fit and appearance for these staircases.
- How long the rail needs to be
- If your stairs are straight or curved
- How many turns your staircase has
- If your stairs are outdoors or indoors
- How many steps are in the flight of stairs
- Which chair is best for you and your needs
- If you want to go up more than one flight of stairs
- If you want any additional features like a powered swivel
- If there are any doors where the stairlift would need to go
Some of these factors are your choice, others depend on your house and your stairs. Either way, our specialist advisers are happy to walk you through all your options and tell you the price of the perfect stairlift for you. What’s the best fit for your house? What suits your specific needs? What’s the perfect lift to give you back the independence you thought you’d lost?
Find out about the perfect stairlift for you by booking a stair survey. That’s when our advisers can give you all the information you’re looking for.
We’ve helped over 750,000 people around the world get access back to their homes. What’s stopping you from being next?
A stairlift is an investment into your future.
Compare the price of a stairlift to the high cost of moving home. A stairlift means you can stay in your house for longer – in your community, surrounded by people that care about you. You can save your energy for the things that make you happy instead of using it all getting up and down the stairs.
We’ve been in business for over 150 years, and have led the stairlift industry for over 40. Our experience helps us make the best product out there, keeping you safe in your home for longer.
Stairlifts are sometimes seen as a luxury item, but when you consider your quality of life without one, you start to see how much of a necessity it is.
There could be funding available to help pay for your stairlift.
Our range of stairlifts for indoor stairs
One price without hidden costs.
You might be wondering about hidden costs. The good news is: there aren’t any. Your quote covers the only payment you’ll make to us, which covers everything. When determining the cost of your stair lift the adviser will go over all available options with you, would you benefit from a powered swivel seat for example? Or did you receive advice from your occupational therapist you’d like the adviser to consider? You’ll receive a full-inclusive quote, so there aren’t any surprises.
How much does it cost to run a stairlift?
There’s more good news when it comes to the running costs of your stairlift! It costs less to run a stairlift per year than it does your kettle.
When you pay for your Stannah stairlift, what do you get?
Up until now, you’ve found out that a Stannah stairlift is extremely likely to fit you and your home, and it’ll eliminate the mobility problem your stairs used to cause. A custom curved stairlift or straight stairlift is of course included, but what else do you get when you buy a Stannah?
The quote you’ll receive is firm, all-inclusive and includes:
- A 2-year Warranty
- All Necessary Features & Options
- Professional Installation by trained technicians
- A thorough demonstration on how to operate your stairlift
- A stairlift installed by experienced professionals.
You can rest assured that the quote covers everything you’ll need for your mobility solution. If you do ever have any questions, we are available to answer them anytime. We see it as our mission to help you rest easy in whatever way we can so that you can go back to feeling at home in your house, and that includes being there for you when you need us.
What is the price of installing a stairlift?
We think making your stairlift is only half the job. You only get your independence back when it’s safely installed on your stairs by our highly trained technicians. That’s why the stair lift installation is included in your free quote. We don’t do our job by halves.
By installing it ourselves, we also guarantee that your stairlift is as safe as can be. We make sure the quality checks we run in our factory are carried on right into your home.
Second hand stairlift
We don’t recommend you buy a second hand stairlift from anyone other than a stairlift company. Our Stannah reconditioned stairlifts might be just the option you’re looking for. Cheaper than a new stairlift, our reconditioned stairlifts still come with a Stannah guarantee, keeping you safe in your home, for that much cheaper.
Have you considered other options?
If you can no longer get around your house safely, you have several other options you could consider:
- Continuing to struggle – and risk your safety on your stairs. Think about your loved ones, and the toll a serious fall could take on them and on your physical and mental health.
- Relocating to a bungalow – and leave your home behind? The place where you’ve built so many happy memories? Your neighbours? And that’s without mentioning the cost of moving and the stress of putting yourself back into the housing market.
- Moving into an assisted living facility – have you researched prices of assisted living facilities per month? How much help do you need? Could you get that assistance from in-home carers? Or is your main problem the stairs?
- Buying a home lift – do you have enough open space to install a home lift? Although a home lift adds value to a house, are you willing to wait the time it will take for building work to be finished before you can feel like the master of your home again? And are you ready to make such a big investment?
Get your free quote now
We don’t give you an online quote for your stairlift, because it wouldn’t be accurate. We need to meet you to assess your mobility needs and give you advice tailored to you.
Request a free quote